Piranha Plant Ponies
- Plant Ponies, originally named Piranha Plant Ponies, are a species of ponies that lack a proper tail. Instead, they share a symbiotic relation with a plant that grows in its place.
- They are exclusively Earth Pony.
- An equal balance of males and females.
- They are two separate individuals, they cannot read each other's thoughts
- However, mutual understanding is usually obtained
- There is some sort of mental sync (like twins)
- There is a complicated nervous system and signals shared between Pony and Plant. This is usually for the pony to move the plant how they wish. However, this is merely a suggestion and can very greatly between how intelligent the Pony is over the Plant, and how strong the will of the Plant is vs the Pony's.
Physical Features (Pony)
- The host Pony tends to have the same physical features as the average pony.
- Are similar in size and shape.
- Their coats come in all sorts of colors/patterns.
- Their manes come in an assortment of color combinations as well.
- Lacking the typical pony tail.
- No cutie mark.
Physical Features (Plant)
- The Plant itself can be any size, and is completely dependent on the shared anatomy of the pony (See "Diet")
- Common trait are leaves at the base of the stem and bulb, and in between.
- May also have thorns.
- Other flowers on the plant itself is uncommon, but by no means rare.
- The bulb comes in various colors and patterns.
- A Plant can also produce fireballs, but those who can cannot speak despite sentience/intelligent level (See "Behavior") as the fire would have had damaging effects to any vocal chords
- These are Plant Ponies that live in (adapted to) moderate to hot climates.
- The Plant's saliva is usually just water, and some times nectar.
- Some Plants can use their water saliva to create snowballs, instead of fireballs.
- This applies to Plant Ponies living in (adapted to) cold to arctic climates.
- At time of conception, Plant Ponies go through weeks of development in a grass like egg/bud that hatches only in the Fall
- When born, Plant Ponies only have a bulb and leaves at the tail base.
- This bulb has the color/pattern that the Plant will be.
- The bulb will soon "bloom" and the sentience/personality of the plant will become apparent.
- The stem however, is not very long, so for a long time during these awkward years the Pony will sometimes have someone literally talking behind their back. Or nuzzling their back.
- The Plant will reach its full size which is often determined by other factors. The stem is also long enough to not only for Plant and Pony host to talk and converse face to face, but serves as an extra "limb" shared between the two.
- There is no set temperament for the species.
- One Plant Pony can have a different behavior/personality from the next.
- One thing holds true, most Plant Ponies are very close to their tails.
- However, this is just the truth for the majority, there are always exceptions.
Behavior (Plant )
- The plant is sentient to some extent, and varies from each individual
- Low-level Sentience: Much like the loyal family pet. Guided by extincts and the feel of the situation. Always eager to please their host. Clue-less. Cannot speak.
- Moderate-level Sentience: Able to understand its host and other ponies, mostly. Still pretty dense and naive, "Air Head". Mutual understanding and mutual liking with its host, though can still bump heads. Cannot speak.
- Twin-level Sentience: Able to speak, debate, and argue. Often times on the same level as their host, or opposite level. Comparable to a sibling.
- Advance-level Sentience: The plant is probably a bit smarter than its pony host, and often times develope drastic personality differences.
- Host-Level Sentience: An extreme case when the Plant's sentience and intelligence surpasses its host, despite its level. (Imagine if Derpy had an advance-level sentient plant )
- The Plant can be aggressive, calm, clueless, etc. It can fully developed a personality unique and of its own.
- The pony itself has an typical pony diet of fruits, plants, and vegetables.
- The Plant is carnivorous, while most develop small quirks or likings for other things, they require meat to maintain health.
- It does have an evolutionary adaptive disdain for ponies;
- So cannibalism is extremely rare and more of a mental disorder also linked to pony.
- In regards to the digestive process between plant and pony::
- One should note that this being contains two stomachs; one for the pony, and one for the plant;
- These stomachs are commonly the same size, which amounts for most of the Plant Pony population;
- However, it is still not uncommon for one stomach to be bigger than the other.
- If a Plant's stomach is bigger, then the plant itself is bigger, which in turn means it is hungrier more often or in greater quantities. This also means that the Pony host has a smaller appetite than the average pony;
- If a Plant's stomach is smaller, then the plant itself is smaller and not as susceptible to cravings and bouts of hunger.
- The remaining digestive process is shared.
- All the functioning naughty bits like the rest of the boys and girls.
- The Plant will instinctively coil itself around the other Plant.
- If no other Plant is available, it will coil around its Pony host, or its Pony host's mate.
- While they would prefer to mate with another Plant Pony, it is not impossible to mate with other equine species.
- However, the third member could make things awkward for non-Plant Ponies.
- When/if two Plant Ponies of opposite sex conceive, the female will soon produce an egg/bud that holds the soon-to-be filly (See "Life Cycle" )
- An egg is produced and laid simply because of the internal anatomy of the Plant Pony. Since two stomachs are occupying space, there is little room for a child to grow for any extended period of time.
- While the parent may tend to the egg, once it is hatched, the mother will nurse it similar to mammal nature.
- Female Plant Ponies will always conceive Plant Pony / hybrid offspring, regardless of their mate.
- Male Plant Ponies offspring is purely dependent on their mate;
- If it is not a female Plant Pony, then their offspring will never be Plant Ponies.
- The world is not always a joyous place, and there are instances when a Plant Pony will experience "Plant Death"
- This is a result of the Plant dying due to unforseen accidents, disease, or disorders
- The Plant will grow weak, slowly wither and die, ultimately breaking off the Pony host.
- The Plant stomach will then merge with the Pony host stomach
- So in some cases, over eating and weight gain may occur to the Pony.
- Because of the physical, mental, and emotional attachment the Pony host may have with the Plant, negative affects will occur.
- The Pony will suffer depression or;
- The Pony will suffer from paranoia in fear of losing something else close to them
- The Pony may develop trust issues or hesitant in developing relationships
- Throughout the Pony's life, they will suffer random bouts of Phantom Limb sensations
- Where it feels the missing tail is still attached to the body and is moving appropriately with other body parts
- The Plant will not grow back, and the Pony will remain tail-less
- However, if the Pony dies, the Plant soon does as well.
- DO NOT GIVE YOUR COMMON PLANT PONY THESE TRAITS::
- Flowers, berries, vines, etc along the stem/bulb/base of tail.
- Plant has forked tongue
- Fire breathing / Fire Eating
- Snowball production
- Stems and leaves that change color with the seasons.
- Some cases, it is actually normal for the Plant Pony to lose its tail during the winter months, but will soon grow back by Spring.
- This gives the Pony host some peace and quiet, like a roommate who left town for a while.
- Plant-less Plant Pony (See "Plant Death")
- "Dietary" illness of the Plant such as anorexia or bilemia.
- Some uncommon cases where this occurs, on the Plant's part, and if not remedied can result in Plant Death
- Stunted stem growth
- For certain reasons, the stem of the plant has not matured properly resulting in stunted growth. As a result the Plant cannot act as a proper extra limb, and may never see their host face-to-face.
- Wings (whether pegasi, bat pony, or other) are an extremely rare trait
- Reason being that it is simply an evolutionary adaption. It is hard to fly when lugging around something that can vary in size, weight, and restlessness between Plant Pony to Plant Pony.
- While most of the plants of Plant Ponies are generally the same, rare instances there may be differences in shape/look/type.
- Host-Level Sentience: An extreme case when the Plant's sentience and intelligence surpasses its host, despite its level. Plant may also have a bit of control over the Pony host.
- Severe mental illness/disorders.
- Poisonous Plant
- The Plant is poisonous whether by contact or by biting.
- This is a rare occurrence with chemical composition in the saliva
- Of course the Pony host is immune to it, and all other toxins.
- This is usually a mental quirk/illness shared between Pony host and Plant
- More than one Plant.
- "Two's company, but three's a crowd."
- Plant Ponies strive off the symbiotic relationship between the host Pony and the single Plant tail.
- Each plant must have its own stomach, so aggression and fight for dominance is rampant during the early years between the two or more plants.
- The result is usually a dominant Plant that is much bigger, stronger, and healthier than the other plant